1. barren or laid waste; devastated: a treeless, desolate landscape.
2. deprived or destitute of inhabitants; deserted; uninhabited.
3. solitary; lonely: a desolate place.
4. having the feeling of being abandoned by friends or by hope; forlorn.
5. dreary; dismal; gloomy: desolate prospects. verb (used with object), desolated, desolating.
6. to lay waste; devastate.
7. to deprive of inhabitants; depopulate.
8. to make disconsolate. 9. to forsake or abandon.|
"teams can be desolate at defeats."
"people can be desolate at times."
"people can be desolate about chips."
"people can be desolate."
"places can be desolate."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.