1. a hollow or depression in a surface, as from a blow.
2. a noticeable effect, especially of reduction: to leave a dent in one's savings; a dent in one's pride. verb (used with object)
3. to make a dent in or on; indent: The impact dented the car's fender.
4. to have the effect of reducing or slightly injuring: The caustic remark dented his ego. verb (used without object)
5. to show dents; become indented: Tin dents more easily than steel.
6. to sink in, making a dent: Nail
"solemnities can be dented by arrivals."
"seriousnesses can be dented by arrivals."
"sentiments can be dented by newses."
"attempts can be dented by rallies."
"sentiments can be dented."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.