1. a religious group, usually including many local churches, often larger than a sect: the Lutheran denomination.
2. one of the grades or degrees in a series of designations of quantity, value, measure, weight, etc.: He paid $500 in bills of small denomination.
3. a name or designation, especially one for a class of things.
4. a class or kind of persons or things distinguished by a specific name.
5. the act of naming or designating a person or thing.
"worths can be denominations."
"interests can be denominations."
"rangings can be denominations."
"churches can be denominations."
"lists can be denominations."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.