1. death or decease.
2. termination of existence or operation: the demise of the empire.
3. Law. a death or decease occasioning the transfer of an estate. a conveyance or transfer of an estate.
4. Government. transfer of sovereignty, as by the death or deposition of the sovereign.
verb (used with object), demised, demising.
5. Law. to transfer (an estate or the like) for a limited time; lease.
6. Government. to transfer (sovereignty), as by the death or abdication of the sover
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.