1. to penetrate with or as if with a sharp-edged instrument or object: He cut his finger.
2. to divide with or as if with a sharp-edged instrument; sever; carve: to cut a rope.
3. to detach with or as if with a sharp-edged instrument; separate from the main body; lop off: to cut a slice from a loaf of bread.
4. to hew or saw down; fell: to cut timber.
5. to trim by clipping, shearing, paring, or pruning: to cut hair.
6. to mow; reap; ha
"sees can be cut in dates."
"sees can be cut by dates."
"rates can be cut on agendas."
"places can be cut in months."
"people can be cut to hearts."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.