1. the outer bark of an oak, Quercus suber, of Mediterranean countries, used for making stoppers for bottles, floats, etc.
2. Also called cork oak. the tree itself.
3. something made of cork.
4. a piece of cork, rubber, or the like used as a stopper, as for a bottle.
5. Angling. a small float to buoy up a fishing line or to indicate that a fish is biting.
6. Also called phellem, suber. Botany. an outer tissue of bark produced by and exterior to the phellogen. verb (used with objec
"stills can be cork."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.