1. an imitation, reproduction, or transcript of an original: a copy of a famous painting.
2. one of the various examples or specimens of the same book, engraving, or the like.
3. written matter intended to be reproduced in printed form: The editor sent the copy for the next issue to the printer.
4. the text of a news story, advertisement, television commercial, etc., as distinguished from related visual material.
5. the newsworthiness of a person,
"expressions can be copy for constructs."
"databases can be copy."
"people/places/organizations can be copy."
"outlets can be copy."
"expressions can be copy."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.