1. to cut, or cut off or out, as with shears: to clip a rose from a bush.
2. to trim by cutting: to clip a hedge.
3. to cut or trim the hair or fleece of; shear: to clip a poodle.
4. to pare the edge of (a coin).Compare sweat (def 22).
5. to cut short; curtail: We clipped our visit by a week to return home earlier.
6. to pronounce rapidly, with precise articulation and with omission of certain sounds, as of un
"mid-springs can be clip."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.