1. of, relating to, or consisting of citizens: civil life; civil society.
2. of the commonwealth or state: civil affairs.
3. of citizens in their ordinary capacity, or of the ordinary life and affairs of citizens, as distinguished from military and ecclesiastical life and affairs.
4. of the citizen as an individual: civil liberty.
5. befitting a citizen: a civil duty.
6. of, or in a condition of, social order or organized government; civilized: civil peoples.
"people can be civil to people."
"proceedings can be civil in natures."
"polices can be civil in questionings."
"people can be civil in/at/on mornings."
"people can be civil to rests."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.