1. something that holds parts together or in place, as a clasp or clamp.
2. anything that imparts rigidity or steadiness.
3. Also called bitbrace, bitstock. Machinery. a device for holding and turning a bit for boring or drilling.
4. Building Trades. a piece of timber, metal, etc., for supporting or positioning another piece or portion of a framework.
5. Nautical. (on a square-rigged ship) a rope by which a yard is swung about and secured horizontally.
6. Music. leather loops sliding
"watchers can be brace for falls."
"watchers can be brace."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.