1. to attack or batter with artillery fire.
2. to attack with bombs.
3. to assail vigorously: to bombard the speaker with questions.
4. Physics. to direct high energy particles or radiations against: to bombard a nucleus. noun
5. the earliest kind of cannon, originally throwing stone balls.
6. Nautical. bomb ketch.
7. an English leather tankard of the 18th century and earlier, similar to but larger than a blackjack.
8. Obsolete. a leather jug.
"areas can be bombarding."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.