1. a long, often cylindrical, cushion or pillow for a bed, sofa, etc.
2. anything resembling this in form or in use as a support.
3. any pillow, cushion, or pad.
4. Nautical. Also called bolster plate. a circular casting on the side of a vessel, through which an anchor chain passes. a timber used as a temporary support. a beam for holding lines or rigging without chafing. a bag filled with buoyant material, fitted into a small boat.
5. Metalworking. an anvillike support for the lower
"ties can be bolstering."
"spendings can be bolstering."
"finances can be bolstering."
"enterprises can be bolstering."
"demands can be bolstering."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.