1. having a harsh, disagreeably acrid taste, like that of aspirin, quinine, wormwood, or aloes.
2. producing one of the four basic taste sensations; not sour, sweet, or salt.
3. hard to bear; grievous; distressful: a bitter sorrow.
4. causing pain; piercing; stinging: a bitter chill.
5. characterized by intense antagonism or hostility: bitter hatred.
6. hard to admit or accept: a bitter lesson.
7. resentful or cynical: bitter words. noun
"people can be bitter at things."
"people can be bitter about ways."
"coffees can be bitter in tastes."
"workers can be bitter at governments."
"solidarities can be bitter at governments."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.