1. a band of flexible material, as leather or cord, for encircling the waist.
2. any encircling or transverse band, strip, or stripe.
3. an elongated region having distinctive properties or characteristics: a belt of cotton plantations.
4. Machinery. an endless flexible band passing about two or more pulleys, used to transmit motion from one pulley to the other or others or to convey materials and objects.
5. Military. a cloth strip with loops or a series of metal links with grips,
"people can be belt into seats."
"people can be belt."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.