1. in or toward a lower place: Look out below!
2. on, in, or toward a lower level, as a lower deck of a ship: The captain of the ship went below.
3. beneath the surface of the water: Divers were sent below to view the wreck.
4. on earth: the fate of creatures here below.
5. in hell or the infernal regions.
6. at a later point on a page or in a text: See the illustration below. Compare above (def 5).
7. in a lower rank or grade: He was demoted to the class below. |-
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.