1. the growth of hair on the face of an adult man, often including a mustache.
2. Zoology. a tuft, growth, or part resembling or suggesting a human beard, as the tuft of long hairs on the lower jaw of a goat or the cluster of hairlike feathers at the base of the bill in certain birds.
3. Botany. a tuft or growth of awns or the like, as on wheat or barley.
4. a barb or catch on an arrow, fishhook, knitting needle, crochet needle, etc.
5. Also called bevel neck. Printing. the sloping par
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.