1. balk. balk or baulk [bawk] /bɔk/ Spell Syllables verb (used without object)
1. to stop, as at an obstacle, and refuse to proceed or to do something specified (usually followed by at): He balked at making the speech.
2. (of a horse, mule, etc.) to stop short and stubbornly refuse to go on.
3. Baseball. to commit a balk. verb (used with object)
4. to place an obstacle in the way of; hinder; thwart: a sudden reversal
"markets can be baulked by trends."
"people can be baulked by traffics."
"people can be baulked by riders."
"people can be baulked by banters."
"people can be baulked."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.