1. Sports. the wooden club used in certain games, as baseball and cricket, to strike the ball. a racket, especially one used in badminton or table tennis. a whip used by a jockey. the act of using a club or racket in a game. the right or turn to use a club or racket.
2. a heavy stick, club, or cudgel.
3. Informal. a blow, as with a bat.
4. any fragment of brick or hardened clay.
5. Masonry. a brick cut transversely so as to leave one end whole.
6. British Slang. speed; rate of motion
"in.s can be batted."
"firsts can be batted."
"wells can be batted."
"smashs can be batted."
"nos can be batted."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.