1. Music. a wand used by a conductor.
2. a rod of lightweight metal fitted with a weighted bulb at each end and carried and twirled by a drum major or majorette.
3. Track. a hollow rod of wood, paper, or plastic that is passed during a race from one member of a relay team to the next in a prescribed area.
4. a staff, club, or truncheon, especially one serving as a mark of office or authority.
5. Heraldry. a diminutive of the bend sinister, couped at the extremities: used in England as
"charges can be baton."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.