1. the bottom support of anything; that on which a thing stands or rests: a metal base for the table.
2. a fundamental principle or groundwork; foundation; basis: the base of needed reforms.
3. the bottom layer or coating, as of makeup or paint.
4. Architecture. the distinctively treated portion of a column or pier below the shaft or shafts. the distinctively treated lowermost portion of any construction, as a monument, exterior wall, etc.
5. Botany, Zoology. the part of an orga
"kinds can be basest."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.