1. the bottom support of anything; that on which a thing stands or rests: a metal base for the table.
2. a fundamental principle or groundwork; foundation; basis: the base of needed reforms.
3. the bottom layer or coating, as of makeup or paint.
4. Architecture. the distinctively treated portion of a column or pier below the shaft or shafts. the distinctively treated lowermost portion of any construction, as a monument, exterior wall, etc.
5. Botany, Zoology. the part of an orga
"awards can be based on costs."
"growths can be based on estimates."
"people can be based in places."
"indexes can be based on surveys."
"ratings can be based on positions."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.