1. not producing or incapable of producing offspring; sterile: a barren woman.
2. unproductive; unfruitful: barren land.
3. without capacity to interest or attract: a barren period in American architecture.
4. mentally unproductive; dull; stupid.
5. not producing results; fruitless: a barren effort.
6. destitute; bereft; lacking (usually followed by of): barren of tender feelings. noun
7. Usually, barrens. level or slightly rolling land, usually with a sandy soil a
"isles can be barren."
"islands can be barren."
"souls can be barren."
"moorlands can be barren."
"landscapes can be barren."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.