1. a cylindrical wooden container with slightly bulging sides made of staves hooped together, and with flat, parallel ends.
2. the quantity that such a vessel of some standard size can hold: for most liquids, 31½ U.S. gallons (119 L); for petroleum, 42 U.S. gallons (159 L); for dry materials, 105 U.S. dry quarts (115 L).Abbreviation:bbl.
3. any large quantity: a barrel of fun.
4. any container, case, or part similar to a wooden barrel in form.
5. Ordnance. the tube of a gun.
"people can be barrelled out of minds."
"weapons can be barrelled."
"shotguns can be barrelled."
"towns can be barrelled."
"structures can be barrelled."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.