1. the abrupt, harsh, explosive cry of a dog.
2. a similar sound made by another animal, as a fox.
3. a short, explosive sound, as of firearms: the bark of a revolver.
4. a brusque order, reply, etc.: The foreman's bark sent the idlers back to their machines.
5. a cough. verb (used without object)
6. (of a dog or other animal) to utter an abrupt, explosive cry or a series of such cries.
7. to make a similar sound: The big guns barked.
8. to speak or cry out sharply or g
"orders can be barked."
"commands can be barked."
"warnings can be barked."
"unconvincinglies can be barked."
"trees can be barked."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.