1. uncivilized; wild; savage; crude.
2. savagely cruel or harsh: The prisoners of war were given barbarous treatment.
3. full of harsh sounds; noisy; discordant: an evening of wild and barbarous music.
4. not conforming to classical standards or accepted usage, as language.
5. foreign; alien.
6. (among ancient Greeks) designating a person or thing of non-Greek origin.
"practices can be barbarous by standards."
"acts can be barbarous."
"societies can be barbarous."
"assassinations can be barbarous."
"crimes can be barbarous."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.