1. a long pile or heap; mass: a bank of earth; a bank of clouds.
2. a slope or acclivity.
3. Physical Geography. the slope immediately bordering a stream course along which the water normally runs.
4. a broad elevation of the sea floor around which the water is relatively shallow but not a hazard to surface navigation.
5. Coal Mining. the surface around the mouth of a shaft.
6. Also called cant, superelevation. the inclination of the bed of a banked road or railroad.
"tracks can be banked."
"moneys can be banked."
"turns can be banked."
"whitenesses can be banked."
"troughs can be banked."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.