1. any of various fragrant exudations from certain trees, especially trees of the genus Commiphora, as balm-of-Gilead.Compare balm (def 1).
2. the similar products yielded by the leguminous trees Myroxylon pereirae and M. balsamum, of South America.Compare Peru balsam, tolu.
3. oleoresin (def 1).
4. any of certain transparent turpentines, as Canada balsam.
5. a plant or tree yielding a balsam.
6. balsam fir.
7. any of several plants belonging to the genus Impatiens,
"vinegars can be balsamic."
"wills can be balsamic."
"sugars can be balsamic."
"sacks can be balsamic."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.