1. a slip or sheet of paper, cardboard, or the like, on which a voter marks his or her vote.
2. the method of secret voting by means of printed or written ballots or by means of voting machines.
3. voting in general, or a round of voting: Our candidate was defeated on the third ballot.
4. the list of candidates to be voted on: They succeeded in getting her name placed on the ballot.
5. the right to vote: to gain the ballot after years of struggle.
6. the whole number of votes
"quarters can be balloted in/at/on weeks."
"parties can be balloted on amendments."
"members can be balloted as to things."
"belongings can be balloted on dates."
"workforces can be balloted in/at/on months."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.