1. a classical dance form demanding grace and precision and employing formalized steps and gestures set in intricate, flowing patterns to create expression through movement.
2. a theatrical entertainment in which ballet dancing and music, often with scenery and costumes, combine to tell a story, establish an emotional atmosphere, etc.
3. an interlude of ballet in an operatic performance.
4. a company of ballet dancers.
5. the musical score for a ballet: the brilliant ballets of Tchaiko
"melodies can be ballet."
"companies can be ballet."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.