1. to confuse, bewilder, or perplex: He was baffled by the technical language of the instructions.
2. to frustrate or confound; thwart by creating confusion or bewilderment.
3. to check or deflect the movement of (sound, light, fluids, etc.).
4. to equip with a baffle or baffles.
5. Obsolete. to cheat; trick. verb (used without object), baffled, baffling.
6. to struggle ineffectually, as a ship in a gale. noun
7. something that balks,
"polices can be baffled by bombings."
"strategists can be baffled by volumes."
"places can be baffled by decisions."
"people can be baffled over deaths."
"people can be baffled by routes."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.