1. any of various burrowing, carnivorous mammals of the family Mustelidae, as Taxidea taxus, of North America, and Meles meles, of Europe and Asia.
2. the fur of this mammal.
3. Australian. a wombat. bandicoot (def 2).
4. (initial capital letter) a native or inhabitant of Wisconsin (the Badger State) (used as a nickname).
5. a swablike device for cleaning excess mortar from the interiors of newly laid tile drains. verb (used with object)
6. to harass or urge persistently; pester
"departments can be badgered."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.