1. an instrument with a bladed head on a handle or helve, used for hewing, cleaving, chopping, etc.
2. Jazz Slang. any musical instrument.
3. the ax, Informal. dismissal from employment: to get the ax. expulsion from school. rejection by a lover, friend, etc.: His girlfriend gave him the ax. any usually summary removal or curtailment. verb (used with object), axed, axing.
4. to shape or trim with an ax.
5. to chop, split, destroy, brea
"visits can be axed."
"slaters can be axed."
"jobs can be axed."
"staffs can be axed."
"skippers can be axed."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.