1. extremely bad; unpleasant; ugly: awful paintings; an awful job.
2. inspiring fear; dreadful; terrible: an awful noise.
3. solemnly impressive; inspiring awe: the awful majesty of alpine peaks.
4. full of awe; reverential.
5. extremely dangerous, risky, injurious, etc.: That was an awful fall she had. He took an awful chance by driving here so fast. adverb
6. Informal. very; extremely: He did an awful good job of painting the barn. It's awful hot in here.
"silvers can be awful on charts."
"people can be awful at people."
"crises can be awful for investors."
"weathers can be awful on tops."
"traffics can be awful in/at/on mornings."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.