1. a sudden, violent attack; onslaught: an assault on tradition.
2. Law. an unlawful physical attack upon another; an attempt or offer to do violence to another, with or without battery, as by holding a stone or club in a threatening manner.
3. Military. the stage of close combat in an attack.
4. rape1 . verb (used with object)
5. to make an assault upon; attack; assail.
"people can be assaulting."
"scores can be assaulting."
"polices can be assaulting."
"patients can be assaulting."
"coaches can be assaulting."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.