1. to move, climb, or go upward; mount; rise: The airplane ascended into the clouds.
2. to slant upward.
3. to rise to a higher point, rank, or degree; proceed from an inferior to a superior degree or level: to ascend to the presidency.
4. to go toward the source or beginning; go back in time.
5. Music. to rise in pitch; pass from any tone to a higher one. verb (used with object)
6. to go or move upward upon or along; climb; mount: to ascend a lookout t
"people/places/organizations can be ascend."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.