1. to seize (a person) by legal authority or warrant; take into custody: The police arrested the burglar.
2. to catch and hold; attract and fix; engage: The loud noise arrested our attention.
3. to check the course of; stop; slow down: to arrest progress.
4. Medicine/Medical. to control or stop the active progress of (a disease): The new drug did not arrest the cancer. noun
5. the taking of a person into legal custody, as by officers of the law.
6. any se
"offences can be arrestable."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.