1. to present reasons for or against a thing: He argued in favor of capital punishment.
2. to contend in oral disagreement; dispute: The senator argued with the president about the new tax bill. verb (used with object), argued, arguing.
3. to state the reasons for or against: The lawyers argued the case.
4. to maintain in reasoning: to argue that the news report must be wrong.
5. to persuade, drive, etc., by reasoning: to argue someone
"states can be arguing for stances."
"parliaments can be arguing for stances."
"victims can be arguing before incidents."
"places can be arguing over issues."
"places can be arguing about divisions."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.