1. to present reasons for or against a thing: He argued in favor of capital punishment.
2. to contend in oral disagreement; dispute: The senator argued with the president about the new tax bill. verb (used with object), argued, arguing.
3. to state the reasons for or against: The lawyers argued the case.
4. to maintain in reasoning: to argue that the news report must be wrong.
5. to persuade, drive, etc., by reasoning: to argue someone
"outs can be argued."
"markets can be argued."
"publicities can be argued."
"prices can be argued."
"persuasivelies can be argued."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.