1. the lowest female voice; contralto.
2. the highest male voice; countertenor.
3. a singer with such a voice.
4. a musical part for such a voice.
5. the second highest of the four parts of a mixed vocal chorus, or the voices or persons singing this part.
6. the second highest instrument in a family of musical instruments, as the viola in the violin family or the althorn in the cornet family. adjective
7. of, relating to, or having the tonal range of the alto.
"clefs can be alto."
"regions can be alto."
"voices can be alto."
"saxophonists can be alto."
"players can be alto."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.