1. the first letter of the Greek alphabet (A, α).
2. the vowel sound represented by this letter.
3. the first; beginning.
4. (initial capital letter) Astronomy. used to designate the brightest star in a constellation.
5. Chemistry. one of two or more isomeric compounds.
6. the first in a series of related items: frequently used in chemistry and physics.
7. Chiefly British. a mark or grade corresponding to an A.Compare beta (def 8), gamma (def 9). adjective
8. (of an animal) h
"stars can be alpha in/at/on seconds."
"stars can be alpha in/at/on people."
"banks can be alpha."
"credits can be alpha."
"chips can be alpha."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.