1. to give permission to or for; permit: to allow a student to be absent; No swimming allowed.
2. to let have; give as one's share; grant as one's right: to allow a person $100 for expenses.
3. to permit by neglect, oversight, or the like: to allow a door to remain open.
4. to admit; acknowledge; concede: to allow a claim.
5. to take into consideration, as by adding or subtracting; set apart: to allow an hour for changing trains.
6. Older Use. to say;
"schemes can be allow in lives."
"people can be allow by personalities."
"woods can be allow from balls."
"rules can be allow on powers."
"properties can be allow to subscribers."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.