1. Law. the defense by an accused person of having been elsewhere at the time an alleged offense was committed.
2. an excuse, especially to avoid blame.
3. a person used as one's excuse: My sick grandmother was my alibi for missing school. verb (used without object)
4. Informal. to give an excuse; offer a defense: to alibi for being late. verb (used with object)
5. Informal. to provide an alibi for (someone): He alibied his friend out of a fix. to make or find (o
"witnesses can be alibi."
"functions can be alibi."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.