1. floating or borne on the water; in a floating condition: The ship was set afloat.
2. on board a ship, boat, raft, etc.; at sea: cargo afloat and ashore.
3. covered with water; flooded; awash: The main deck was afloat.
4. moving without being guided or controlled; drifting.
5. passing from place to place; in circulation: A rumor is afloat.
6. free of major trouble, especially financially solvent: to keep a venture afloat.
"places can be afloat in golds."
"vessels can be afloat off places."
"vessels can be afloat for days."
"schools can be afloat by endowments."
"players can be afloat by sponsorships."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.