1. a personally offensive act or word; deliberate act or display of disrespect; intentional slight; insult: an affront to the king.
2. an offense to one's dignity or self-respect. verb (used with object)
3. to offend by an open manifestation of disrespect or insolence: His speech affronted all of us.
4. to make ashamed or confused; embarrass.
5. Archaic. to front; face; look on.
6. Obsolete. to meet or encounter face to face; confront.
"people can be affronted."
"venoms can be affronted."
"silences can be affronted."
"retorts can be affronted."
"rainbows can be affronted."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.