1. to state or assert positively; maintain as true: to affirm one's loyalty to one's country; He affirmed that all was well.
2. to confirm or ratify: The appellate court affirmed the judgment of the lower court.
3. to assert solemnly: He affirmed his innocence.
4. to express agreement with or commitment to; uphold; support: to affirm human rights. verb (used without object)
5. Law. to state something solemnly before a court or magistrate, but without oath.
"ratings can be affirmed on grounds."
"ratings can be affirmed as results."
"ratings can be affirmed."
"rulings can be affirmed."
"slews can be affirmed."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.