1. to allow to enter; grant or afford entrance to: to admit a student to college.
2. to give right or means of entrance to: This ticket admits two people.
3. to permit to exercise a certain function or privilege: admitted to the bar.
4. to permit; allow.
5. to allow or concede as valid: to admit the force of an argument.
6. to acknowledge; confess: He admitted his guilt.
7. to grant in argument; concede: The fact is admitted. |
"totals can be admitted as members."
"people can be admitted in/at/on todays."
"people can be admitted in/at/on times."
"people can be admitted to things."
"people can be admitted to hospitals."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.