1. to suspend the meeting of (a club, legislature, committee, etc.) to a future time, another place, or indefinitely: to adjourn the court.
2. to defer or postpone to a later time: They adjourned the meeting until the following Monday.
3. to defer or postpone (a matter) to a future meeting of the same body.
4. to defer or postpone (a matter) to some future time, either specified or not specified. verb (used without object)
5. to postpone, suspend, or transf
"talks can be adjourned until dates."
"talks can be adjourned after sessions."
"meetings can be adjourned for twos."
"hearings can be adjourned."
"games can be adjourned."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.