1. to make active; cause to function or act.
2. Physics. to render more reactive; excite: to activate a molecule. to induce radioactivity.
3. to aerate (sewage) in order to accelerate decomposition of impure organic matter by microorganisms.
4. Chemistry. to make (carbon, a catalyst, molecules, etc.) more active. to hasten (reactions) by various means, as heating.
5. to place (a military unit or station) on an active status in an assigne
"stops can be activating."
"systems can be activating."
"parts can be activating."
"orders can be activating."
"markets can be activating."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.