1. to use wrongly or improperly; misuse: to abuse one's authority.
2. to treat in a harmful, injurious, or offensive way: to abuse a horse; to abuse one's eyesight.
3. to speak insultingly, harshly, and unjustly to or about; revile; malign.
4. to commit sexual assault upon.
5. Obsolete. to deceive or mislead. noun
6. wrong or improper use; misuse: the abuse of privileges.
7. harshly or coarsely insulting language: The officer heaped a
"children can be abusing."
"rights can be abusing."
"youngsters can be abusing."
"trainees can be abusing."
"referees can be abusing."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.