1. to use wrongly or improperly; misuse: to abuse one's authority.
2. to treat in a harmful, injurious, or offensive way: to abuse a horse; to abuse one's eyesight.
3. to speak insultingly, harshly, and unjustly to or about; revile; malign.
4. to commit sexual assault upon.
5. Obsolete. to deceive or mislead. noun
6. wrong or improper use; misuse: the abuse of privileges.
7. harshly or coarsely insulting language: The officer heaped a
"people can be abused as children."
"children can be abused."
"people can be abused."
"systems can be abused."
"recruits can be abused."
This list can help you learn new vocabulary more quickly and be able explore other words more easily.